Forest Conservation: What You Can Do
You can take simple steps today to help protect and restore the world's forests.
- Buy or cut firewood only near where you plan to use it; transporting wood can cause the spread of invasive insects and diseases.
- Clean your boots carefully after hiking in a forest to avoid spreading diseases such as sudden oak death.
- Until stronger federal regulations are in place for plant imports, consider buying seeds or locally grown plants from nurseries.
- Voice your concern about insects and plant diseases traveling on plant imports.
- Work against climate change by supporting public efforts to protect and restore forests.
- Enjoy a forest near you by hiking, birding, hunting or camping.